Mineral Area Council on the Arts Safe Practices
It is the desire of Mineral Area Council on the Arts (MACOA) to provide a safe and enjoyable art experience while fulfilling our mission to promote and strengthen the cultural environment in all segments of the area served by Mineral Area College by creating and supporting opportunities for the community to experience the arts locally and at an affordable cost.
With our community and volunteers’ safety in mind, we will train all volunteers and adhere to the following safe practices:
- Facial coverings – All volunteers will be required to wear facial coverings and attendees strongly encouraged to comply with the wearing of facial coverings.
- Social distancing
- Seating by Family Unit – It will be requested that family units sit together and allow for 6 feet radius between family units.
- Health Checks – staff, volunteers, and patrons will be asked a few simple health questions upon entering the facility. For example
- Have you had a fever, cough, or sore throat within the last two weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last two weeks?
- Contact Tracing – At the time of ticket purchase, patrons will be asked to submit name and contact information. This information will be used for the notification of those who may have been in contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Enhanced sanitation – All frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized prior to the arrival of event attendees. These will include all door handles, handicap automatic door mechanisms, hand rails, and arm rests.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in convenient locations throughout the venue.
- No-touch experience – When possible, doors will remain open to reduce the need for attendees to open and close the doors. In order to reduce contact, programs will be made available via smart phone.
- Training in COVID-19 Practices – All staff and volunteers have been trained in the above safe practices and will strive to abide by and enforce these guidelines.